of the Branch Message and Movement
The following set of tenets of The Branch Message and Movement is summarized below, with the majority of basic beliefs reiterated directly from the Fundamental Beliefs tract published by V. T. Houteff, with doctrinal updates applicable to the original Branch-Davidian SDA belief system under the Spirit of Prophecy direction of Benjamin Roden and Lois Roden. This statement of beliefs, adapted from V. T. Houteff, utilizes the original Divine Names or terminology relating to Deity, according to original Hebrew terms in Scripture such as “Elohim” for “God” and “Yahshua (equivalent to Y'shua/Yeshua/Yahoshua)” for “Jesus”, and "Messiah" or "Mashiach" used in place of "Christ", because these were the original name(s) and/or title(s) given to the Savior in His earthly ministry, the actual name He was addressed by His people, from the Hebrew culture He lived in and grew up. Original Aramaic New Testament manuscripts, then translated to Greek, were often searched out and destroyed by the post first century anti-Torah, anti-Semitic agency that sought to destroy any connection of Christianity with its Hebrew/Jewish/Israelite roots. These fundamental beliefs in no way constitute a creed. In The Branch and Davidian understanding of the Zechariah 4 symbolism, the "golden bowl" is never full. The "oil" of truth is always increasing, always flowing, from the two trees, into the golden bowl, then out to the menorah candlestick, always flowing, the light never diminishing, never extinguished.
"Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee." Isa. 60:1
"Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand." Joel 2:1.
"Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and show My people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins." Isa. 58:1
Emerging in 1955, as foretold in the Ezekiel 4 prophecy, in the second application of the 430 day/year fulfillment, out of the parent stock of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination ("the Church of the Laodiceans"), the Branch Movement has ever been committed to the prophetic work (predicted in Isaiah 52:1) of preparing the Laodicean Church, the last, with "the tares" among "the wheat," for the final proclamation of the gospel "in all the world." Matt. 24:14.
The Branch Message holds in common all principal and foundational doctrines of belief with the Davidian Movement and the Seventh-Day Adventist Denomination, of which, together with a portion of the Scriptural references upon which they are based, are summarized as follows, presenting a much fuller understanding of the Plan of Salvation along with the Divine pattern for humanity, as written in the Genesis record:
1. That, the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by Inspiration of Elohim, contain an all-sufficient revelation of His will to men, and are the only unerring rule of faith and practice. 2 Tim 3:15,17.
2. That, the Elohim (the “Godhead”) of Romans 1:20, consists of, First, the Eternal Father, and Second, the Eternal Mother (the Holy Spirit Mother), Both of Whom, are a personal spiritual Being, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, infinite in wisdom and love; Third, the Divine Son, known as Yahshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ), the Son of the Eternal Father and Mother, through Whom all things were created and through Whom the salvation of the redeemed hosts will be accomplished; Fourth, the Divine Daughter (the Holy Ghost Daughter), Sister-Spouse of the Divine Son (Song of Solomon 5:1), the Fourth Person of the Elohim-“Godhead”, the Divine Family, reflected in the Divine Name YHVH, Who is the great regenerating power in the work of redemption. Matt. 28:19. That, this Complex Unity is ONE in the Most High Father, IN HIS NAME ONLY, as the Messiah taught in John 17, teaching the comprehensive scriptural definition of “oneness” in relation to the Most High, sustaining and uplifting the "Shema" of Deuteronomy 6:4, the great watchword of Israel, which He taught in the Book of Mark (12:29).
Thus, showing forth Deity manifested, not as a simple Unity of a "Father" with many theoretical "aspects", only alluding to a Divine Family in Heaven, but rather, a composite or complex "Unity" manifest as a real Divine Family, as the Genesis 1 account and Romans 1:20 inspired commentary point to, as the human family is patterned after. In modern times, the Divine Mother Revelation was revealed and amplified from 1977 forward, by Lois I. Roden, and the understanding of a Divine Daughter was revealed from Passover 1981 in The Branch movement through her tract "The Wife of God", published at that time, then confirmed in the field letters by Lois Roden in 1985. The nature of this crowning truth in the movement brought about great historical developments in The Branch at that time, a time when the enemy of truth came into the movement to fully manifest "enmity against the woman" (Gen. 3:15), bringing great spiritual warfare against Her truth.
3. That, the pre-existent Messiah, Yahshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ), is very Deity, as Deity - wholly manifested in human flesh. That, He (Christ) took on humanity forever, from the time of His earthly embodiment. While retaining His preexistent Divine nature He took upon Himself the nature of the human family, lived on the earth as a man, exemplified in His life in Torah as our Example, the principles of righteousness, attested His relationship to Elohim by many great miracles, died for original sin on the cross, was raised from the dead, and ascended to the Father where He ever lives to make intercession for us John 1:1, 14; Heb. 2:9-18; 8:1, 2; 4:14-16; 7:25.
4. That, every person in order to obtain salvation must experience the new birth; that this comprises an entire transformation of life and character by the recreative power of Elohim (God) through faith in the Messiah Yahshua (Jesus Christ). John 3:16; Matt. 18:3; Acts 2:37-39.
5. That, baptism is an ordinance of the first century Netzerim, the Hebrew Messianic believers, and the early Christian assemblies. That baptism should follow repentance and forgiveness of sins, and by its observance faith is shown in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. The proper form of baptism is by complete immersion in water. Rom. 6:1-6; Acts 16:30-33.
6. That, the will of Elohim (God) as it relates to moral conduct is comprehended in His Law of Ten Commandments; that these are great moral, unchangeable precepts, binding upon all men, in every age. Ex. 20:1-17.
7. That, the Fourth Commandment of this unchangeable law requires the observance of the Seventh-day Sabbath. This holy institution is at the same time a memorial of creation and a sign of sanctification, a sign of the believer's rest from his own works of salvation, and his entrance into the rest of the soul, which Yahshua promises, to those who come to Him. Gen. 2:1-3; 1; Ex. 20:8-11; 31:12-17; Heb. 4:1-10.
8. That, the Law of Ten Commandments points out sin, the penalty of which is death. The Law cannot save the transgressor from his sin, nor impart power to keep Him from sinning. In infinite love and mercy, Elohim (God) provides a way whereby this may be done. He furnishes a substitute, even Messiah, the Righteous One, to die in man's stead, making 'Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of Elohim in Him.' 2 Cor. 5:21. That one is justified, not by obedience to the law, but by the grace that is in Yahshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). By accepting Messiah, man is reconciled to Elohim (God), justified by His blood for the sins of the past and present, and saved from the power of sin by his indwelling life.
Thus, the gospel becomes "the power of Elohim unto salvation to every one that believes." This experience is wrought by the Divine Agency of the Ruach Ha Kodesh (the Holy Ghost), Who convinces of sin, leading the repentant believer to the Sin-Bearer, inducting the believer into the New Covenant relationship, where the Law of Elohim (God) is written on his heart, and through the enabling power of the indwelling Spirit of Messiah, his life is brought into conformity to the Divine Precepts. The honor and merit of this wonderful transformation belongs wholly to Christ. 1 John 3:4; Rom. 7:7; Rom. 3:20; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 John 2:1, 2; Rom. 5:8-10; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 3:17; Heb. 8:8-12.
9. That, Elohim (God) 'only hath immortality.' 1 Tim. 6:15. Mortal man possesses a nature inherently sinful and dying. Eternal life is the gift of Elohim through faith in Christ. Rom. 6:23. 'He that hath the Son hath life.' 1 John 5:12. Immortality is bestowed upon the righteous at the second coming of Christ, when the righteous dead are raised from the grave and the living righteous translated to meet the Lord. Then it is that those accounted faithful 'put on immortality.' 1 Cor. 15:51-55.
10. That, the condition of man in death is one of unconsciousness. That all men, good and evil alike, remain in the grave from death to the resurrection. Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 5:28, 29.
11. That, there shall be a resurrection both of the just and of the unjust. The resurrection of the just will take place at the second (visible-literal) coming of Christ; the resurrection of the unjust will take place a thousand years later, at the close of the millennium. John 5:28, 29; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Rev. 20:5-10.
12. That, the finally impenitent, including Satan, the author of sin, will, by the fires of the last day be reduced to a state of non-existence becoming as though they had not been, thus purging Elohim's (God’s) universe of sin and sinners. Rom. 6:23; Mal. 4:1-3; Rev. 20:9, 10; Obadiah 16. That the punishment of the impenitent will not be uniform, but will be determined according to the degree and weight of sin committed, with the originator of sin, Satan, to be given the most extensive Divine punishment. "Shall mortal man more just than Eloah (God)?" Job 4:17.
13. That, no prophetic period [meaning prophetic time-setting of the exact date of Christ's coming] is given in the Bible to reach to the second advent, but that the longest one the 2300 days of Dan. 8:14, terminated in 1844, and brought us to an event called the cleansing of the sanctuary, exactly as Daniel 8:14 states, “then shall the sanctuary be cleansed”, according to sacred typology, somewhere near the end of time.
14. That, the true sanctuary, of which the tabernacle on earth was a type, is the Temple of Elohim (God) in Heaven, of which Paul speaks in Hebrews 8 and onward, and of which the Messiah Yahshua (Jesus), as our great High Priest, is Minister; and that the priestly work of our High Priest is the antitype of the work of the Aaronic priests of the former dispensation; that this Heavenly Sanctuary is the one to be cleansed at the end of the 2300 days of Dan. 8:14; its cleansing being, as in the type, a work of judgment, beginning with the entrance of Messiah as the High Priest upon the judgment phase of His ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary foreshadowed in the earthly service of cleansing the sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. This work of judgment in the heavenly sanctuary began in 1844. Its completion will close human probation.
15. That, Elohim, in the time of the judgment and in accordance with His uniform dealing with the human family in warning them of coming events vitally affecting their destiny (Amos 3:6,7), sends forth a proclamation of the approach of the second coming of Messiah; that this work is symbolized by the Three Angels of Revelation 14; and that their three-fold message brings to view a work of reform to prepare a people to meet Him at His coming. “Shall mortal man be more just than Eloah (God)? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?” Job 4:17. No court system of man, on earth, can be more ‘just’ (fair) than the Divine Heavenly Tribunal. This is what the Book of Job is communicating to man. Specifically, there is a general “due process” in man’s system of justice, also in the Divine System of Justice, defined as 1) a summons or indictment; 2) an investigation phase; 3) a judicial phase – acquittal or verdict of guilt; 4) sentencing by the judge, a just punishment and execution of the punishment. This is the way it is, in the heavenly and earthly system of law and government. Mortal man is NOT “more just” than the Creator. This concept is the basis of the Heaven sent messages since 1844 (1840-1844 through William Miller and Ellen G. White and James White).
Therefore, before the final work of the Heavenly “Mishkan” (the Tabernacle in Heaven) can proceed, per the shadowy types (Lev. 16), beginning in 1844 (the Judgment for the Dead), through 1930, there must be an ANNOUNCEMENT or Divine Summons for the Judgment for the Living, to the Firstfruit candidates of the end time Harvest, beginning in the Advent Movement. This "announcement", of the Judgment of the Living in the Advent Movement, as V.T. Houteff characterized his divinely inspired message, was in fact fulfilled by the Shepherd's Rod Message beginning in 1930.
That, from 1955 to 1960 (430 years from 1525 & 1530 respectively) Benjamin Roden, the Branch Messenger, began to call for the FIRST of the Firstfruits, represented by the barley grain in the typology, from the Davidian organization, to come into line with Harvest Law and Gospel Order to accept “revival and reformation” under the continuing Living Spirit of Prophecy, to keep the Feasts, “in antitype” to evidence that you have been “born again” (2 TG 37:24;P.P. 541 and many other inspired statements).
That, in the 1955 “revival and reformation”, in the immediate wake of the Davidian Movement loss of Victor Houteff, according to Brother Houteff's own words (1T.G. 8) “another church emerges of which Joshua is in charge”, manifesting again the progressive office of the Living Spirit of Prophecy, in the message of The Branch, through Benjamin L. Roden, the “Joshua” of his day. That, there is to be a “Joshua of today”, to “keep advancing in the light”, to “finally stand on Mt. Zion with the Lamb.” Hereby, that “you may answer the question whether you are a Davidian (Branch-Davidian) or still a Laodicean.” (1TG 8:24-28) Parenthesis supplied. That you are to “ever have your ears open to any claimant of Inspiration …. if you really hunger and thirst after righteousness…. That you keep up with His progressively revealed Truth” (1TG 12:18), …if he speaks according “to the Law and to the Testimony.”
“That nothing has ever prospered in God’s work without the Living Spirit of Prophecy in its midst.” (1TG 10:20). That “Inspiration makes it plain that the Divine plan is that the Church should ever be growing both in knowledge and perfection till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, …” (1 TG 51:6).
That, “The Kingdom is here again shown to start with something small, but that little thing is to be like yeast in a loaf of bread. … borne by some insignificant one and put into the church” (2TG 11:6), which was manifested in the ministry of Victor Houteff, and the man who was his -- “my fellow” (Zech. 13:7), namely Benjamin Roden, two men very much acquainted with one another. That the “Kingdom” will begin with a three phase prophetic work with a common root, SDA, DSDA, BDSDA, and “will be very insignificant, contrary to all human expectation” (2TG 11:6).
16. That, the time of the cleansing of the sanctuary, synchronizing with the period of the proclamation of the message of Revelation 14, is a time of investigative judgment, first with reference to the dead, and secondly, with reference to the living. This investigative judgment determines who of the myriads sleeping in the dust of the earth are worthy of a part in the first resurrection, and who of its living multitudes are worthy of translation. 1 Pet. 4:17, 18; Dan. 7:9, 10; Rev. 14:6, 7; Luke 20:35.
17. That, the followers of Messiah should be a Godly people, not adopting the unholy maxims nor conforming to the unrighteous ways of the world, not loving its sinful pleasures nor countenancing its follies. That the believer should recognize his body as the temple of the Holy Spirit, and that therefore he should clothe that body in neat, modest, dignified apparel. Further, that in eating and drinking and in his entire course of conduct he should shape his life as becometh a follower of the meek and lowly Master. Thus the believer will be led to abstain from all intoxicating drinks, tobacco, and other narcotics, and the avoidance of every body-and-soul-defiling habit and practice. 1 Cor. 3:16, 17; 9:25; 10:31: 1 Tim. 2:9, 10; 1 John 2:6.
18. That, the divine principle of tithes and offerings for the support of the gospel is an acknowledgment of Elohim’s ownership in our lives, and that we are stewards who must render account to him of all that He has committed to our possession. Lev. 27:30; Mal. 3:8-12; Matt. 23:23; 1 Cor. 9:9-14; 2 Cor. 9:6-15.
19. That, Elohim (God) has placed in His body of believers the gifts of the Ruach Ha Kodesh (the Holy Ghost), as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4. That these gifts operate in harmony with the divine principles of the Bible, and are given for the perfecting of the saints, the work of the ministry, the edifying of the body of Christ. Rev. 12:17; 19:10; 1 Cor. 1:5.
20. That, the second coming of Messiah is the great hope of His people, the grand climax of the gospel and plan of salvation. His coming will be literal, personal, and visible. Many important events will be associated with His return, such as the resurrection of the dead, the destruction of the wicked, the purification of the earth, the reward of the righteous, the establishment of His everlasting Kingdom. The almost complete fulfillment of various lines of prophecy particularly those found in the books of Daniel and the Revelation, with existing conditions in the physical, social, industrial, political, and religious worlds, indicates that Messiah's coming 'is near, even at the doors.' The exact time of that event has not been foretold. Believers are exhorted to be ready, for 'in such an hour as ye think not, the Son of man' will be revealed. Luke 21:25-27; 17:26-30; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; Rev. 1:7; Heb. 9:28; James 5:1-8; Joel 3:9-16; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; Dan. 7:27; Matt. 24:36, 44.
21. That, the millennial reign of Messiah Yahshua covers the period between the first and the second resurrections, during which time the saints of all ages will live with their blessed Redeemer in Heaven. At the end of the millennium, the Holy City with all the saints will descend to the earth. The wicked, raised in the second resurrection, will go up on the breadth of the earth with Satan at their head to compass the camp of the saints, when fire will come down from Elohim out of Heaven and devour them. In the conflagration which destroys Satan and his host, the earth itself will be regenerated and cleansed from the effects of the curse. Thus the universe of Elohim will be purified from the foul blot of sin. Rev. 20; Zech. 14:1-4; 2 Peter 3:7- 10.
22. That, Elohim (God) will make all things new. The earth, restored to its pristine beauty, will become forever the abode of the saints of the Lord. The promise to Abraham, that through Messiah, He and His seed should possess the earth throughout the endless ages of eternity, will be fulfilled. The Kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the Kingdom under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Most High whose Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him. King Messiah Yahshua will reign supreme and every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth, and such as are in the sea will ascribe blessing and honor and glory and power unto Him that sitteth upon the throne and unto the Lamb forever and ever. Gen. 13:14-17; Rom. 4:13; Heb. 11:8-16; Matt. 5:5; Isa. 35; Rev. 21:1-7; Dan. 7:27; Rev. 5:13." -- Year Book of the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination, 1940 Edition, pp. 5-8.
IN ADDITION to the fundamental tenets of faith held in common with the Seventh-day Adventists, The Branch Movement holds:
1. That, the prophetic gift in the Seventh-day Adventist Church (through the medium of which the church was brought forth in 1844 and nurtured and preserved for seven decades) ceased its manifestation in 1915 and was not re-manifested until 1930, and again in 1955, 1977 and finally in 1990 in The Branch Movement, and that this cessation and this re-manifestation are paralleled by the cessation of the prophetic gift in the Old Testament and the re-manifestation of it in the New.
2. That, the present manifestation was timed to the 430-year prophecy of Ezekiel 4, and that it is the "addition" anticipated in Early Writings, p. 277. That the initial fulfillment(s) of the Ezekiel 4 time prophecy came to pass in 1930, 1955 and 1960, then in 1977, and finally in 1990, according to the inspired applications of V.T. Houteff in Shepherd’s Rod Vol. 1 and the inspired applications of Ben L. Roden and Lois Roden, in the Branch Letters and their various publications.
3. That, it was manifested anew in the closing work for the church to effect the sealing of the 144,000 servants of Elohim (God) (Testimonies, Vol. 3, p. 266), and to give power and force (Early Writings, p. 277) to the Three Angel's Messages (Rev. 14:6-11) so that the 144,000 might be empowered to accomplish the closing work for the world, and to gather all their brethren, gentilized Israel, out of all nations (Isa. 66:19, 20; Rev. 18:4).
4. That, the destruction of the tares from among the first fruits of the living (Matt. 13:30, 48, 49; Ezek. 9:6, 7) results in the purification of the Body of Messiah, the modern day Netzerim Assembly, "the church".
5. That, immediately thereafter, the angels let loose the four winds (Rev. 7:1-3), whereupon ensues the time of trouble and Michael's standing up to deliver from it, all whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life (Dan. 12:1).
6. That, the angels' letting loose the four winds to blow over the four corners of the earth (Rev. 7:1), does not anticipate a world war but rather a world wide decree enforced throughout Babylon by the image-beast, and that then no one may buy or sell save he who worships "the image." Rev. 13:15-17.
7. That, subsequently, the time of Jacob's trouble (Jer. 30:7) for the 144,000, the sons of Jacob, logically develops on their way home (Gen. 32:1, 24) to the land of their fathers (Ezek. 36:28; 37:21, 25).
8. That, the foregoing epochal event shall cause the 144,000 to have their names changed as did their father, Jacob (Gen. 32:28), and as a body receive a new name which the mouth of the Lord shall name (Isa. 62:2).
9. That, these events shall ultimate in the setting up of the Kingdom (Dan. 2:44; Isa. 2:1-4; Mic. 4; Ezek. 37), wherein the 144,000, those who follow the Lamb "withersoever He goeth" (Rev. 14:4), shall stand with Him on Mt. Zion (Rev. 14:1), and there "receive the forces of the GentiIes. " Isaiah 60:5, 11.
10. That, with this sequence of events will ensure the Loud Cry of the angel that lightens the earth with his glory (Rev. 18:1), as the other Voice cries, "Come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Rev. 18:4.
11. That, in response to this call, many nations will say: "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the Elohim of Jacob and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for the Law shall go forth of Zion, and the Word of Yahovah from Jerusalem." Micah 4:2.
12. That, the Voice will cease to cry when all the saints shall have been gathered out of all nations. Then shall "the days come, saith the Yahovah Elohim, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Yahovah: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it." Amos 8:11, 12.
13. That, then will follow the dissolution of the worldwide organization of the image of the beast (Rev. 19:1-3), the close of the Investigative Judgment of the Living (Rev. 15:5-8), the end of probationary time (Rev. 22:11), and the pouring out of the seven last plagues upon the wicked (Rev. 16).
14. That, under the seventh plague, the hosts arrayed for the battle of Armageddon will fight with, and will be decimated by, the armies of Heaven (Testimonies, Vol. 6, p. 406), and that Messiah shall appear in all His glory, destroy the remaining wicked, resurrect the righteous dead (1 Thess. 4:15-17), and usher in the millennium (Rev. 20:5).
15. That, for a little season (Rev. 20:3), a hundred years (Isa. 65:20), after the millennium, the wicked shall live again and then finally be destroyed by fire (Rev. 20:9), whereupon all things shall be renewed, and Elohim's original plan shall proceed to perfect fulfillment in an uninterrupted eternity of heavenly joy (Rev. 21:4).
INITIALLY: "The streets and lanes of the city" (Luke 14:17-21) -- the church.
FINALLY: "The highways and hedges" (Luke 14:23; Matt. 24:14) -- "every nation and kindred, and tongue, and people" (Rev. 14:6), even "in the isles of the sea" (Isa. 24:15), -- the "isles afar off." Isa. 66:19.
THE ELEVENTH-HOUR CHARGE
"Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side." Isa. 60:1-4.
"Say not ye, there are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest." John 4:35. [Note: Benjamin Roden’s call to prophetic office and initial letters written to Old Mt. Carmel began (dated) four months after Brother Houteff’s death].
Truly the harvest is great. "but the laborers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into His harvest." Matt. 9:37, 38.
"Great demands are everywhere made for the light which Elohim (God) has given to His people; but these calls are for the most part in vain. Who feels the burden of consecrating himself to Elohim (God) and to His work? Where are the young men who are qualifying themselves to answer these calls? Vast territories are opened before us where the light of truth has never penetrated. Whichever way we look we see rich harvests ready to be gathered, but there are none to do the reaping. Prayers are offered for the triumph of the truth. What do your prayers mean, brethren? What kind of success do you desire? -- a success to suit your indolence, your selfish indulgence? -- a success that will sustain and support itself without any effort on your part?
"There must be a decided change...which will inconvenience those who are reclining on their lees, before laborers who are fitted for their solemn work can be sent into the field. There must be an awakening, a spiritual renovation. The temperature of Christian piety must be raised. Plans must be devised and executed for the spread of truth to all nations of the earth. Satan is lulling Messiah's professed followers to sleep, while souls are perishing all around them, and what excuse can they give to the Master for their negligence?
". . . 'Why stand ye here all the day idle?' Why are you not at work in some capacity in his vineyard' Again and again he has bid you, 'Go ye also into my vineyard, and whatsoever is right that shall ye receive.' But this gracious call from Heaven has been disregarded by the large majority. Is it not high time that you obey the commands of Elohim? There is work for every individual who names the name of Messiah. A voice from Heaven is solemnly calling you to duty. Heed this voice, and go to work at once in any place, in any capacity. Why stand ye here all the day idle? There is work for you to do, a work that demands your best energies. Every precious moment of life is related to some duty which you owe to Elohim or to your fellowmen, and yet you are idle!" -- Testimonies, Vol. 5, pp. 203, 204.
"Let me tell you," continues the Spirit of Prophecy, "if your heart is in this work, and you have faith in Elohim, you need not depend upon the sanction of any minister or any people: if you go right to work in the name of the Lord, in a humble way doing what you can to teach the truth, Elohim will vindicate you. If the work had not been so restricted by an impediment here, and an impediment there, and on the other side an impediment, it would have gone forward in its majesty. It would have gone in weakness at first; but the Elohim of heaven lives." -- Review and Herald, April 16, 1901. (See also Testimonies, Vol. 7, p. 25).
"A great work of saving souls remains yet to be done. Every angel in glory is engaged in this work, while every demon of darkness is opposing it. Christ...expects corresponding self-denial and sacrifice on the part of those whom he came to bless and save. Every one is required to work to the extent of his ability. Every worldly consideration should be laid aside for the glory of Elohim." -- Testimonies, Vol. 5, p. 204.